Mr. Levy is a trial lawyer that represents individuals and corporations in commercial and business litigation with an emphasis on disputes arising out of contracts, business and real estate transactions, partnerships and joint ventures, fraud and business torts. Additionally, Mr. Levy represents policyholders in a wide variety of insurance disputes, with emphasis on cases involving commercial and residential property damage disputes. Mr. Levy’s insurance coverage litigation practice has resulted in thousands of payments made to Florida policyholders by insurance companies who initially wrongfully deny or underpay property damage claims. Mr. Levy has also represented hundreds of consumers in several mass-joinder class-action type cases relating to deceptive trade practices, fraud, contractual breaches and statutory violations.
Cases handled by Mr. Levy have been featured in the New York Times, CNBC, The Miami Herald, The Sun Sentinel, The Daily Business Review and The South Florida Business Journal, and several news articles have been published in local and national news publications discussing the lawsuits pursued by Mr. Levy on behalf of his clients. Mr. Levy has been selected to Florida Super Lawyers in every year since 2012, an honor received by less than 5% of attorneys in Florida. Mr. Levy has also been selected to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor received by attorneys who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
Prior to forming Levy & Partners, PLLC, Mr. Levy was an attorney at King & Spalding LLP, a prestigious international law firm. At King & Spalding, Mr. Levy represented Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola, UPS, Sprint-Nextel, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and other household names in a wide variety of legal matters.
Education and Awards:
J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Hofstra University School of Law
- Editor-in-Chief, Hofstra Law Review
- Associate Board Editor, Hofstra Moot Court Association
- Awarded Citation of Excellence in Corporate Law
- Awarded Distinguished Service Award
- Awarded Student Bar Association Recognition Award
- National Team Competitor, Conrad Duberstein Moot Court Competition
- Student Representative, Faculty Committee on Visiting Scholars and Speakers
B.A., New York University, Politics and History
- Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honors Society
- Referenced in The National Dean’s List
- Selected to Best Lawyers, 2018, 2019.
- Selected as a Florida Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Selected as an “Attorney to Watch in 2014” by Attorney At Law
- Selected as a Florida Rising Star by SuperLawyers Magazine, 2012.
- Selected to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Top Trial Lawyers in America, 2012.
- Awarded Martindale Hubble Distinction Award, 2012.
- Selected as 2011 Mover & Shaker by Business Leader Magazine, 2011.
- Selected as Top 100 Florida Small Business, 2011.
- Selected Hollywood’s Best Law Firm by the Hollywood Gazette, 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Member of Board of Directors of several Miami-Based not-for-profit religious institutions
- Alumni Advisor, Hofstra Law Review (past)
- Member, American Association of Trial Lawyers
- Member, The New York State Bar Association
- Member, Scribes, American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
Mr. Levy is admitted to practice law in the following courts:
- Florida State Courts
- New York State Courts
- The United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Tax Court
- New York